Monday, October 3, 2011

Puja 2011@Bangalore

 

Today out of a sudden rush I decided to visit my old K R Puram Pujo.Me and my old room mate prasenjit decided to pay a visit to the place.As usual the puja was confined to the walls of Sea college…bit once inside,I was flashed by a wave of old memories..maybe they were not as pleasant or neither happy but they are one of the best memories I always cherish..

What began as just as a discussion topic for a bunch of college students who couldn't go home either because they didn't get the leave or they were not ready to face the sad memories of their place.It was just an idea which gave birth to the first pujo in K R Puram…

However this is not about how the puja was a success rather this is about the people who were behind the screens…

Seasons@Bangalore

Wills Flake and cheap Old Monk @ 35/- was on the menu and with a bunch of broken hearts..those people had a golden heart but sadly many were crushed beyond repair.This was the time when Bangalore became my second home..my college seniors became my best teachers and friends…I found the comfort with them.Maybe the drama wouldn't have been as funny if they were not there,,,maybe the relationship I enjoy today wouldn't be as precious if I hadn't heard about their sorrow and pain…well I did also had a share of the pain of my own..so this all fitted in perfectly…

Stealing sweets from Tuhin da’s shop @midnight or screaming at the top of voice during the bisharjan and then the sadness of losing mother durga along with the dream of next year had been the days during puja 2007.Sadly we didn't had much money to spend at McDonalds's or KFC but the tea at uncle’s shop was the fuel for our discussion…

Poems love letters from long lost love…maybe 5 to 10 years back was the theme of our discussions.Our beloved Kaku always managed to steal the show with fascinating love stories…Drinking till we were bold enough to share our sadness with others were also very common…to love and being loved was a rare comodity that very few of us were enjoying that time…though there was no breakup parties but there were shoulders to share the pain and sorrow…

Adda @ Banyan Tree

There was a very special place for us where everyone would gather at the evening..no matter what..we would surely be there by 4:30 PM…and there was our usual bengali adda…science.politics..fiction..literature travel…all and everything we could imagine…and it usually ended with me saying “Ish..gola ta boddo shukie gache..”..rest is just a bottle of Old Monk or may be IB or RS if we had money..

Result@College

Readers must be wondering how I scored that semister and the following ones..well the truth is I never flunked in any subject.In fact did touched 8th sem with 70%..hehe..the trick was to fill up pages if you dont know anything…

Farewell@Bangalore

When time came to leave bangalore..I didnt realized that I am leaving so many things and so many memories behind.It was only when I reached Kolkata I did realized that I have lost them..After so many years the memories are still fresh,,,I only wish those friends philosophers and guide…A tribute to them….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to speak.I promise I wont bite