After a long series of thoughts I finally decided to write about this article.It took me a long and deep thinking for I was wondering whether to really trouble the readers with disturbing facts.The biggest question that was coming to mind immediately was "Is this the right decision for this moment".But finally I decided to put my thought to you guys in a different manner.
Our Planet is Dying
Lets take a peek into the few ecological problems we are facing or are about to face in the next decade.Since the content is very huge and requires detailed explanation I will be splitting it into several posts.
Hey we all know it.People all around the earth are facing it.Even on a fine Sunday morning when you ask the shopkeeper why the price of the fish is going up,he may even shoulder the global warming effect for that.
Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of Earth's near-surface air and oceans since the mid-20th century and its projected continuation. According to the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), global surface temperature increased by 0.74 ± 0.18 °C (1.33 ± 0.32 °F) during the 20th century.[A] Most of the observed temperature increase since the middle of the 20th century has been caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases, which result from human activities such as the burning of fossil fuel and deforestation
Effects of Global Warming are various but the most direct and straightforward is the rise in sea level due to the melting of ice in polar caps.
Here is a glimpse of what could happen in the future. Note that the results are tentative and just calculated based on the temperature increase in a steady level.But if it starts to increase in an exponential level.
As you can see certain parts of West Bengal is hugely affected.What more to say.Buy a boat and stash it on roof.Just in case you know.Oh and be sur e to stack up rations.Lots of Booze and Cigrette(For those who smoke and drink of course).Money may not be a priority but here is some important stuffs. The list has been collected from Post Apocalyptic Movies and Games
- Apple ipod.As seen in the Movie "The Book Of Eli" the ipod survived the appocalypse and Eli managed to load some cool songs onto it also(god knows from where)
- Umm...some way to recycle water..as seen in the Movie "Waterworld".Well to be honest "Whatever liquid comes out are recycled and put back in"...pretty groovy but a practical way otherwise.
- Chuck Noriss movie posters and gears.Indians can also settle for a Rajnikant or Sunny Deol or even Mithun Da Gear.The Gear helps in camaflaudge when your opponet will think that the mighty hand of god has just come forth.
- Some kind of Power Generator.Be it solar or be it Nuclear doesnt matter.
Here is an excellent link..Click n the below posted picture to go to the national geographic site link and get a good knowledge of how things fare.
How to counter the Global Warming
- Be aware of the Global Warming.
- Drive less. Instead take bikes, walk or carpool each time possible.
- Prefer investing in a hybrid or electric vehicle so as to avoid further global warming.
- Replace the bulbs in and around your home with energy-efficient tubes that require fewer watts for the same amount of light.
- Every month, clean or replace filters of your air-conditioners.
- Whenever buying new electrical appliances always go for energy-efficient ones.
- Decrease your travel by air.
- Wash clothes in cold or warm water instead of hot water and prefer line-dry sooner than drier.
- Use a low-flow showerhead as it will lessen the hot water used, and will not reduce water pressure in the shower.
- Reduce your garbage. Use eco-friendly bags for shopping. Purchase less packaged materials to stop further global warming.
- Unplug electronics whenever not in use, as they consume energy in the stand-by mode.
- Recycle your waste to the extent that is possible. Purchase recycled paper and recycled products to prevent further global warming.
- When shopping for grocery, take your own reusable canvas bags so that you don’t accumulate more plastic at home.
- Plant a tree, whenever possible.
- For cleaning, prefer using natural or nontoxic cleaning products.
- Prefer fresh food rather than frozen foods. A farmer’s market is the best place to get fresh food.
- Get your car serviced and tires pressure checked to save consumption of fuel.
- Include less meat and more organic foods in your diet to prevent global warming
A matter to think over.